Monday, May 13, 2013

Posted by Unknown On 10:43 PM

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord Joshua 24:15

To My beloved Son Nicholas Adrian Stevens:

I have always been afraid of the bible. I could never really get into it and I didn’t understand the way in which it was written. One day while praying and fasting I ask God to give me wisdom and understanding so that I could fully comprehend the text. That very day I opened up the bible to a random page and began reading. I was led to Deuteronomy and it got me thinking of you.

Moses was the leader over Israel. God promised to give Israel the land of milk and honey but because of their disobedience to God, the first generation could enter in the land. God did not take his promise back, but gave the second generation of Israel the land of milk and honey. Joshua was the leader of the second generation.

Remember these three key points:
1.      God promised Israel blessings but could not give it to the first generation. Israel’s disobedience did not cause all of Israel to lose their blessing.
2.      Moses was responsible for making sure Joshua was mentally prepared to lead the people and ready to battle great nations.
3.      Moses had to humble himself in order to teach his replacement. Moses did all the hard work, and yet it was his trainee who would inherit blessings originally promised to Moses.

Nicholas, God never forgets about the second generation, and he has a special blessing in store for you. Through disobedience I may have forfeited blessings promised that were supposed to be given to me, but because of your obedience God will give them to you. I’m sure there were assignments given to me that I did not complete, but God will give them to you and you will complete them and the reward shall go to you. This day I speak blessings on your life. You will do greater things than me.

I will teach you Gods word. I will teach you of His love, grace and mercy. I will be your spiritual covering. I will be your leader. I will prepare you for the battles that you will have to face. I will be like Moses and you will be like Joshua. I will make sure you don’t make the mistakes I have made so that you can enter the Promised Land. I pray that God blesses you way more than he blesses me.  

When the enemy is against you I will pray and fast on your behalf. When you are down I will be open ears to you no matter what time of day or night. When you are sad I will hold and comfort you, and when you are happy I will rejoice with you.

I will try to do my best to raise you up in the Lord so that when you are older you will not forsake Him. This is my promise to you.

Sincerely,
Wisteria Jasmine Cody

0 comments:

Post a Comment