Monday, March 4, 2013

Posted by Unknown On 10:18 AM




Recently Nick acquired an ear infection that required antibiotics. Consequently he suffered a yeast diaper rash.

This rash seemed to come out of nowhere. I increased the amount of desitin I used on him. I went from using it nightly to using Desitin with every diaper change. His rash continued to get worse.  I decided I was going to fight this naturally. I started changing the baby every hour. That actually exasperated the problem. His but was raw from all that rubbing. And I was out of diapers.

It finally dawned on me that this wasn't a regular rash. Yeast infections occur after the use of antibiotics. I called Nicks father to ask him to get Monistat.

“Whats that?”

“Its coochie cream. The baby has a yeast infection.”

“Boys don’t get yeast infections. So no I’m not getting it and I would like it if you wouldn't put feminine products on our son. Just continue to use the desitin”  

His rebuke doesn't surprise me. I've learned that sometimes Nick Sr. can be an idiot. You just cant argue with these types of people. They have to learn from mistakes and experience. Meanwhile the babies’ rash continued to get worse. I rinsed the wipes with water before putting them on Nick’s sensitive skin. I continued to use the diaper rash cream.  

A couple of days I heard Nick Sr yelling from the hallway. “What the hell is wrong with my son’s private part?” He called me over to inspect the baby, as if I didn't already tell him the baby had a terrible diaper rash. “This looks like something from an STD pamphlet.” He continues. The baby has red bumps all over his private part and its even extending to his thighs now. While I have his attention I bring up the Monistat again.

“The baby just had antibiotics. And they cause yeast infections.”  This time Nick Sr doesn’t argue with me. He goes to the store and get 7 day Monistat. We mix one pack of Monistat with one pack of desitin. We agree that if the babies rash doesn’t clear up in one week we will take him to the doctor.

Within three days the babies’ rash starts to look better. By day seven the rash is completely gone.

And once again I’m right. Actually I'm always right. Moms always know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment